They say that laundry is the chore that never ends. And that might just be true. We tend to own a lot of clothes. If you’re single and you don’t have kids, maybe you don’t do as much laundry. But once you add a couple of extra people to your household, it’s amazing how this chore multiplies.
And if you don’t have a comfortable laundry room, things can get ugly fast. Clothes get lost, socks fall behind the dryer, and delicate items get washed in hot water. It can get incredibly frustrating.
Thankfully, it doesn’t have to be hard to get your laundry room into great shape. All you need are a couple of handy dandy storage and organization hacks and you’ll have a place that’s perfect for getting your clothes neat and clean once again.
And there’s more good news: hacks don’t have to be complicated or expensive to really make a difference. Sometimes, a really good hack is all about making sure you can easily see what you need or just giving you a little more space. With hacks like these, you can get your laundry done even if you have limited space and a large closet.
1. Add hanging bars to get better organized.
2. Improve your counter space.
3. Mount a pegboard on the wall.
4. Use open shelving.
5. Store ironing boards and stepladders in easy-to-reach places.
6. Add a lint bin to your wall.
7. Label, label, label.
8. Make it easy to grab a dryer sheet.
9. Keep hampers within easy reach.
10. And do the same with baskets.
11. Dry your delicate items on a wall rack.
12. Use a regular bookshelf to keep things organized.
13. Use a three-bag hamper.
14. Use a foldable drying rack.
15. Put your ironing board in a drawer.
16. Use the door as extra space.
17. Roll towels instead of folding them.
18. Put up a laundry guard.
19. Put in a laundry junk drawer for miscellaneous items.
20. Hooks. Lots and lots of hooks.
21. Add a pull-out folding station.
22. Use mesh bags for small items like socks.