We get it – stairs are hard to build. And when people want to get creative or you’re somehow limited by space, things get even more complicated.
But whoever built these 30 staircases clearly had no good plan in place. If they did have some sort of plan, clearly they didn’t show it to anyone.
And the result is 30 epic fails.
1. “These stairs in a college I visited had people confused…”
2. “These escalators that force you to also use stairs”
3. Satan’s staircase
4. When your love of wood outweighs your need of safety
5. “Man this hill is just too steep. Hold on a sec while I take the stairs”
6. “These thin stairs”
7. “How to break your bones”
8. When art becomes your death
9. “These stairs in a residence hall when I was in college. Always creeped me out.”
10. “Not a good carpet choice for stairs if you ask me”
11. “You win this time, stairs…”
12. “Well that’s one way to make stairs”
13. “These stairs…”
14. Are you ready for it?
15. “Nearly died carrying a box down these basement stairs”
16. “These stairs at my therapist’s office”
17. “Stairs leading to nowhere at my school”
18. “We have parties here so going down these stairs drunk is a challenge”
19. “Built the staircase exactly as designed, boss”
20. “These stairs are bad”
21. “Stairs that lead to nowhere”
22. “This death trap in Thailand at the top of a large set of stairs, WHY!?”
23. “Extreme Wheelchairing”
24. “In case of fire use stairs, they said. Do not use elevators, they said”
25. “You don’t have to be drunk to fall down these stairs”
27. “For when you want a near-death experience every time you use the stairs”
29. “Death waiting to happen.”
30. The stairwell of doom
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
It’s comforting to know that the next time you fail at executing a design of any kind, you can always look back on these pictures and feel good about the fact that no matter how bad you screwed up, it probably wasn’t as bad as these guys.