Though it can be important to go to the doctor for all manner of different health issues, sometimes we just don’t feel like going. If it’s just a cold or some other common issue, we might be throwing our money away or wasting our time to go in to get an answer we already know is coming. Fortunately, there are plenty of things you can treat yourself right at home by using just a little bit of creativity and know-how. With no further ado, here are 40 indispensable home remedies for all kinds of things that ail you.
1. Rub garlic and olive oil on your feet for athlete’s foot.
2. Get rid of nail infections with a vinegar solution.
3. Get rid of your hiccups by swallowing a teaspoon of sugar.
4. Treat your warts with duct tape.
5. Use coconut oil to treat your acne.
6. Put toothpaste on bug bites to relieve the itch.
7. Drink apple cider vinegar as a hangover cure.
8. Use a little lemon juice to cure ear aches.
9. Eat some olives to fight nausea.
10. Put a cut potato on a spider bite.
11. Use the inside of a banana peel for relief from poison ivy.
12. Use coconut oil to clean your teeth and gums.
13. Treat your eczema by using an oatmeal bath.
14. Mix basil leaves and ginger for a home fever cure.
15. Make some gin raisins as a way to treat arthritis symptoms.
16. Hold a pencil between your teeth to help ease a headache.
17. Use Listerine on your blisters.
18. Use licorice to soften up calluses and corns.
19. Use a tennis ball to massage your sore feet.
20. Fix dry nails by using vegetable oil.
21. Chew apples to whiten your teeth.
22. Try using baking soda to fight urinary tract infections.
23. Use cloves to keep your cuts from getting infected.
24. Try using papaya to freshen up dull-looking skin.
25. Mix garlic, onion and honey for a killer cold cure.
26. Use garlic oil as cheap ear drops.
27. Gargle some salt water for your sore throat.
28. Rub a little mustard oil into sore areas to help arthritis symptoms.
29. Use almond oil to add some moisture to your skin.
30. Use vodka to get rid of pesky foot odor.
31. Eat some chicken noodle soup when you have a cold—seriously.
32. Help canker sores heal more quickly by dabbing them with milk of magnesia and Benadryl.
33. Mix baking soda and vinegar to stop insect stings in their tracks.
34. Kill your heartburn by drinking a mix of baking soda and water.
35. Drink cranberry juice to prevent yeast infections.
36. Put some potato slices on your forehead to help ease a headache.
37. Eat some plain yogurt to treat your bad breath.
38. Eat beets to deal with constipation.
39. Eat a lot of garlic to get rid of mosquitos.
40. Put on a wet pair of socks to cure a cold.
If you’re low on money or you don’t particularly want to go to the doctor, we get it—still, you’ll have to get resourceful at home to deal with whatever problems you’ve got! As we hope we’ve proven with this list, there are plenty of things you have lying around the house that can help out with all manner of problems. Have we left anything off of this list? Let us know your favorite home remedies in the comments below.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.