Now almost into the third decade of the 21st century, smartphones have become a critical part of our lives. Whether you have an iPhone or an android, you probably have your phone on you almost all the time. Phones aren’t even primarily for calls anymore. They’re computers, calculators, calendars, and social media platforms. Who knows — before long, we might not even call them phones anymore.
But the simple truth is the more we use our phones, the more their performance suffers. A phone’s physical components experience wear and tear from the way it gets handled and exposure to heat, water, and light. Meanwhile, its performance can get seriously bogged down by apps, settings, and even the way it’s charged.
With your phone fulfilling so many important functions, it’s vital to keep it in top condition. You may not even know about some of the habits that can be dangerous or damaging to your phone.
Here are 50 tips to keep your phone in prime condition. Some are self-explanatory, while others are a little less intuitive. But no matter what, they can make all the difference in the life of your phone and the quality of its performance.
1. Get a phone case.
2. Protect your screen.
3. Make sure it doesn’t get wet.
4. Don’t let your phone get too hot or too cold.
5. Handle your phone gently.
6. Store your phone the right way.
7. Wipe your phone down regularly.
8. Don’t expose your phone to sunlight.
9. Don’t try to open your phone.
10. Don’t let your phone’s internal temperature get too hot.
11. Don’t mount your phone near an air vent.
12. Be smart with the way you carry your phone.
13. Don’t put your phone near anything magnetic.
14. Know what to do if your phone gets exposed to damage.
15. Delete the apps you don’t need.
16. Regularly clear your storage.
17. Update all your apps regularly.
18. Opt for manual updates.
19. Turn your phone off on a regular basis.
20. Don’t quick-charge your phone.
21. Keep your battery life in the sweet spot.
22. Learn how to maintain your battery.