Sometimes we find that items that probably have outlived their use, such as old tables or doors, can actually be recycled and repurposed into something new.
The internet is full of DIY projects that will inspire you to make the best out of these old and disregarded pieces of furniture. Here you will find 53 fresh and innovative home hacks on how to turn an old door into something totally new that will save you money and time.
1) Build a Bookshelf
This is a simple project that involves hanging some shelves on a door frame. You can attach a built-in light if you want to make it fancier.
Another method for this project is to remove the door’s inlays and use the wooden pieces as a shelf.
2) Construct a Garden Fence
3) Construct a Hallway Table With Storage
4) Create an Outdoor Nook
5) Build a Nightstand
6) Construct a Garden Shed
7) Install a Drink Station or Bar
8) Make a Potting Table
9) Build a Bench
10) Construct an Outdoor Swing
11) Make a Planter
12) Make a Table
13) Build a Jewelry Organizer
14) Turn Into a Kitchen Island
15) Make a Chalkboard
16) Build an Accent Table
17) Turn Into a Room Divider
18) Use as a Bedframe Accent Piece
19) Repurpose Into a Mirror
20) Use as a Headboard
21) A Simple Accent
22) Turn Into a Family Calendar
23) Build a Bathroom Organizer
24) Make a Laundry Folding Table
25) Make a Picture Display
26) Turn Into a Coat Hanger
27) Construct a Coffee Table
28) Build a Garden Trellis
29) Use as a Garden Door
30) Use as an Outdoor Backdrop
31) Build a Porch Swing
32) Headboards for the win!
33) Transform it Into a Pergola
34) Construct an Outdoor Message Board
35) Build a Sliding Pantry Door
36) Turn It Into a Desk With Shelf
37) Use as an Outdoor Hanging Table
38) Rebuild Into a Sofa
39) Construct an Entryway Organizer
40) French Barn Doors
involve screen doors for extra airflow.