According to the experts, the best temperature for sleeping is somewhere around 65 degrees Fahrenheit. However, beds tend to get warmer as the night progresses, thanks to natural body heat. So, how can we maintain a comfortable and consistent temperature throughout the night? The answer is simple: a well-made mattress topper.
While not all cooling mattress toppers do what they say, there are several that consistently rise to the top in reviews and overall ratings. We have found the ones that have been tested and approved, not just by the companies that make them, but by happy sleepers everywhere.
What makes a good cooling mattress topper
The key is to a good cooling mattress topper is the ability to allow airflow that many mattresses do not provide. These thick but breathable mattress toppers create an airy and comfortable layer between you and any mattress that might be the culprit when it comes to an uncomfortable night’s sleep.
1. Best overall cooling mattress topper: Dosaze Cooling Mattress Topper, $160
The Dosaze Cooling Mattress Topper rises to the top for more than one reason. First and foremost, it perfectly regulates temperature throughout the night thanks to a unique combination of memory foam and temperature-regulating gel beads that are infused into and distributed throughout the high-quality ventilated foam.
In addition to the unique and effective temperature controlling features, this mattress topper also helps to alleviate pressure point pain and is designed to reduce back pain.
Customers have been happy with their sleep experience and claim that the comfort level is exceptional. What more could anyone ask for?
- Exceptional cooling design
- Reduces back pain
- Alleviates pressure point pain
- Customer favorite
- 60-day return policy
- Machine-washable cover
- High quality
- Weighs 10-20 pounds
2. Best memory foam mattress topper: Layla Memory Foam Topper, $249
The Layla Memory Foam Topper isn’t your ordinary memory foam topper. The memory foam is infused with copper gel beads for excellent temperature regulation. This mattress is two inches thick and is designed to help in avoiding problems with deep compression points, such as hips and shoulders.
- Alleviates deep compression point pain
- Some support is lost in this extra soft mattress topper
3. Best multilayer topper: Molecule Airtec Topper, $249
There is some serious science behind the design of this mattress topper. The unique AirTEC™ core technology was designed by a team of engineers, neurologists, and sleep experts. They turned the perfect night’s sleep into a science. There are several layers, each with its own purpose, and all specifically designed to disperse heat away from sleepers throughout the night.
- High airflow
- CertiPur-US© certified foam
- Eco-friendly manufacturing
- It may be too firm for sensitive sleepers
4. Best affordable mattress topper: DreamFoam 2″ Gel Swirl Memory Foam Topper, $80
This slow-response memory foam mattress is designed to help you and your partner sleep more comfortably by reducing motion transfer across the bed. It also offers exceptional cooling via a gel swirl memory foam infusion. To top it off, the price won’t have you losing any sleep either.
- Reduces motion transfer
- May arrive compressed
5. Best natural latex mattress topper: PlushBeds Natural Latex Topper, $216
The 100% natural Talalay latex of this PlushBeds topper offers natural support and pressure point relief. It’s also great for those who suffer from allergies. As for cooling, this mattress topper offers a moderate but reliable level of temperature control.
- Pressure relief
- The organic cotton cover is an add-on item
6. Best water-powered mattress topper: chiliPAD Sleep System with Chili Cool Mesh, $499
For those who need the next level of cooling, this water-powered cooling mattress topper may be the solution. It comes complete with a thermal regulating control unit as well as a remote that allows you to choose your ideal temperature between 55 and115°F.
- Cooling and warming
- Next-level control
- The water reservoir requires regular refilling
7. Best fiber mattress topper: Slumber Cloud Core Mattress Pad, $234
Last on our list, but definitely not lacking in any cooling abilities, is the Slumber Cloud Core Mattress Pad with NASA-approved temperature regulating technology. This 60% cotton mattress topper is made using the same technology used in spacesuits.
- 300 thread count
- Okeo-Tex Standard 100 Certified Technology
- May not be as beneficial for back pain as the previous options
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.