You can find pretty much anything online.
One of the best things about the internet is that you can share all your most practical and helpful secrets. These life hacks are an asset shared with the whole world by people who’ve cracked the code of making life as easy as possible.
Would you believe that there are hundreds of life hacks that will save you time, effort, and money?
Take a look at these amazing life hacks that will actually simplify and solve your day-to-day problems everywhere!
1. Keep your fingers clean while snacking
If you hate the dreaded “cheesy fingers,” keep your hands clean with a pair of chopsticks. It adds a bit of refinement to your snacking…right?
2. Store pills in a contact case while traveling
If you need a good place to store your pills while traveling, just grab a contact case. It’ll let you transport just a couple of days of pills without any fuss.
3. Microwave two plates at once
Microwaves have space restrictions, but there’s a hack to change that. Just grab a cup to create a second level and voila: you can heat two plates at once.
4. Hang pot lids up with Command hooks
If you’re looking for a way to organize your pots and pans, save space with some Command hooks. These let you mount your pot lids to the door.
5. Use a Popsocket to put your makeup on one-handed
Popsockets are intended to help you hold your phone, but they’re also perfect for makeup mirrors. Just stick one on the back of your mirror and you’ll only need one hand to apply your makeup.
6. Use sunglasses as a temporary curtain tie
If you need to tie the curtains back in a pinch, clip a pair of sunglasses on them. It’s not a long-term solution, but it’ll do in a pinch.
7. Cool your laptop with an egg carton
If your laptop tends to overheat, there’s a simple solution. Just prop it up on an egg carton, which will keep air flowing to the bottom of the device.
8. Rig a quick flip-flop fix
Breaking a flip-flop means losing your shoe — often while out in public. But don’t worry. You can rig a quick fix with nothing but a paper clip.
9. Grab a muffin pan and some tea lights if your power goes out
If you need to cook during a power outage, you’re not out of luck. Get a muffin pan and place a couple of tea lights beneath a pot for a DIY stove.
10. Who needs a real sprinkler?
Why buy a sprinkler when you can rig one up yourself? A simple plastic soda bottle punctured with holes lasts just as long and for a fraction of the price.
11. Chill your wine with frozen fruit to avoid watering it down
If you like white wine, you know it can be a challenge to chill. Instead of putting ice cubes in it, pop some fruit in the freezer and then add it to your glass.
12. Make a seed bowl in your watermelon
If you’re scooping watermelon out of the rind and don’t have a place to put the seeds, there’s a solution right before your eyes. Just carve one right into the watermelon.
13. There’s a perfect sauce holder on your car door
If you need a place to set your fast food sauce while in the car, just take a glance at your door. Of course, make sure you don’t eat while you’re driving.
14. Make portable salad dressing in a mini liquor bottle
If you want to take a salad to work, bring along some dressing in a mini liquor bottle. You might get some looks from your co-workers, though.
15. When in a hotel, put your keys on your phone charger
Are you worried about forgetting your keys or your phone while staying in a hotel? Hook the keys onto your phone charger so you’ll remember to grab both items.
16. Protect floors from dust while drilling
If you need to drill a hole in the ceiling, there’s no need to scatter dust everywhere. Just stick a cupcake liner on your drill to catch anything that falls.
17. Hang your phone in a plastic bag
To make a DIY theater while you fly, just hang your phone in a plastic bag. This also works on long car trips — a perfect idea for keeping kids entertained.
18. Make an emergency lamp out of a water jug and a flashlight
If you ever need an emergency lamp and find yourself without one, don’t panic. Just grab a jug or bottle of water and illuminate it with a flashlight.
19. Protect your wine from flies
The next time you’re enjoying wine outdoors, you can keep the flies away with an easy hack. All you need is a cupcake liner and a straw.
20. Keep your bag rice out of the pot
Boil-in-bag rice is super convenient, but it can be awkward and painful to fish the bags out of the hot pot. Try suspending them from a wooden spoon instead.
21. Keep your screens clean with a lint roller
Window and door screens have a way of accumulating fuzz and other debris. Luckily, they’re easy to clean if you have a regular lint roller.
22. Make a phone stand out of a pizza prop
The next time you get a pizza delivered, save that little plastic topper. Cut a leg off and it makes a superb cell phone stand.
23. Keep things simple when moving
There’s nothing more frustrating than having to pack and unpack your hanging clothes during a move. Skip the extra steps by packing them like this.
24. Think ahead when freezing meat
When you freeze meat, put it in a plastic bag and roll it out nice and thin. That way, you’ll cut down on the thawing time when you’re ready to cook it.
25. Keep your trash bags from falling into the bin
It’s so annoying when trash bags fall into the bin — plus, it wastes bags. Cut out the annoyance by sticking Command hooks on the sides of your trash can.
26. Hang all your tank tops on one hanger
If your tank tops are taking up too much room in your closet, put them all on one hanger. All you need are a handful of shower curtain rings.
27. Keep your freezer bags organized
If you’re tired of freezer bags falling out of the cabinet every time you open the door, make use of those shelves. Grab a couple of binder clips to secure the bags to the rungs.
28. Prevent a bandage from slipping off your finger
It’s so aggravating when a Band-Aid slips off your finger. All you need to keep it snug is a quick cut on each side, making it easy to wrap it tightly.
29. Store your valuables in a diaper at the beach
You want to hit the water at the beach but don’t have anyone to watch your belongings. Instead of storing them in a bag, place them inside a clean disposable diaper. No one will touch it.
30. Trick your kids into taking their medicine
If you have a child who rebels against taking medicine, here’s a handy switcheroo. Cut open a juice box, feed the straw into the medicine cup, and let them at it.
31. Label your pills with the date and time you should take them
If you have a hard time remembering when you should take your pills (or if you’ve already taken them), label each one directly on the packaging. You’ll always know if you’re on schedule.
32. Protect your hands while frying food in hot oil
Nothing is worse than getting splattered with hot oil while cooking. But there’s a simple life hack to fix that. Just cut the end off of a two-liter soda bottle and cook without fear.
33. Color-code your earbuds to tell left from right
If you’re always mixing up your earbuds, do a simple color-coding trick. Switch out one cover with a different-colored one.
34. Rig up a DIY toaster
If your toaster isn’t working, just reach for a metal colander. Put it over a stove burner and voila: you have a temporary toaster.
35. Start a fire quickly using dryer lint in a toilet paper tube
If you enjoy camping in the woods, you need a quick, fire starter. Some dryer lint stuffed inside a toilet paper tube works amazingly well.
36. Resize your pan in no time
If you find yourself with the wrong size pan for your recipe, don’t despair. Just grab some tinfoil and create a border to make a temporary smaller pan.
37. Make your Band-Aids easy to differentiate
If you have a hard time sorting your Band-Aids, put them into different plastic bags. Then stick the corresponding bandage on the front of the bag.
38. Sub a pair of scissors for a screwdriver
It probably won’t work long term, but in an emergency, you can use a pair of scissors in place of a Phillips head screwdriver. A pair of tweezers may also work.
39. Increase room in your shopping cart
Do you need a bit more room in your shopping cart? Hang packs of soda or water off the side to create extra space.
40. Bake two frozen pizzas at once
If you want to bake two pizzas but only have one baking pan, there’s a hack for that too. Cut them up and carefully fit them together — like a large pizza puzzle.