It has been a year, and still, we are looking for things that we can do to idle away time.
Yes, time. We have plenty of it since the pandemic started. People have started thinking outside the box just to make use of their free time.
From binge-watching movies and series to building DIY tables, stools, and even toys – we have done it. Still, we are looking for more things to do.
We need to keep ourselves productive and busy.
However, with all this free time, our kids also need something to do, right? We can’t just allow them to spend their whole day using their laptop and phone.
That’s why 5-minute crafts are so in demand right now.
We found a video gem for all teens, kids, and even moms! This video was posted three years ago and has been trending lately because people are looking for fun ideas to do.
This video already has 13M views and is all about five simple DIY crafts for you to enjoy.
Moriah Elizabeth is a vlogger of all things colorful and cute. Her content is all about cute finds, crafts, toy repairs, and lots of fun activities for kids and even adults.
Now, one of her videos shows five easy crafts that anyone could do. The materials she uses are also very easy to find! As a disclaimer, Moriah tells her audience that they should set their expectations.
Five minutes crafts just mean that these projects are easy, quick, and fun to do. So, without further ado…
DIY Fluffy Pencil Holder
– An old jar
– A set of colorful pom poms
– Glue gun
– Glue the colorful pompoms unto the jar. That’s it!
Note: It’s so fluffy and pretty. It’s also very easy to do!
You can put your pens and pencils here. Speaking of pencils, the next DIY craft is customized pencils!
DIY Custom Pencils
– Box of pencils
– Masking tape
– Acrylic paint of your choice
– Grab a pencil and put masking tape on the end.
– Prepare your choice of paint.
– Paint the pencils and put designs
– (Optional) You can also paint the silver part of the pencil
Note: Be creative and design your own pencils, don’t worry about the paint, it will stay and won’t chip.
DIY Jelly Bookmarks
– Box lid
– Washable markers
– You will actually use the lid as a guide for the same of the bookmark. So, start by coloring the lid with your washable crayons.
– Pour the glue and shape it
– Wait for it to dry overnight
Note: It’s jellylike so it’s fun! You can even trim it and it’s easy to make!
Rainbow Scratch Art
– Piece of paper
– Clear tape
– Acrylic Paint – Black
– Something sharp
– (Optional) Clear gloss spray
– Draw anything on the paper. Fill it up with colorful drawings. Nothing in particular.
– Cover the paper with clear tape.
– Once covered, paint it over with black paint. You can do two layers too.
– Then using anything sharp, you can start drawing whatever you want. From flowers to rainbows, enjoy.
– Once done, you can spray it with a clear gloss to preserve it. You can even frame your work!
Note: It’s fun and pretty!
DIY Heart Plushies
– Cloth / Fabric
– Needle and thread
– (Optional) Fabric paint
– Cut a heart shape as your guide.
– Put together by sewing. Leave a small opening.
– Stuff it and close.
– If you have a fabric dye or ink, you can add a face on it or even a message.
Note: It’s super cute and your friends would love it. You can also use buttons as eyes and mouth.
They’re super easy and pretty as well. You can even give them as gifts!
You can follow Moriah’s channel here for more fun and pretty things that will keep you entertained for a long time.
Watch the full video below to see the finished products and don’t forget to share your DIY crafts!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.