We all have that one piece of clothing that we always wear no matter how long we’ve been using it. Whether it be your favorite shirt or pants, we all have our own reasons why we can just never let go of these items.
However, we often wear it most of the time, which leads the fabric to wear out and become more vulnerable to unwanted holes. These unsightly holes can also become bigger the longer you don’t do something about it.
But let’s face it: we don’t know how to sew. Maybe some of us do but we often have a lot on our plate that we can’t simply find the time to do so.
Well, today’s your lucky day because we found a very easy lifesaving hack that will definitely fix those little holes in your favorite clothes!
This clever method was shared by Classy Cheapskate in which she will show us how to fix small holes without using any needle or thread. It only requires a few items, so let’s get started.
Here’s what you need:
- Fusing web (you can buy this on any craft stores or fabric outlets)
- a small sheet of wax paper
- clothing iron
- iron board
1) Turn your favorite piece of clothing inside-out. It would be advisable if you iron the section of the hole until it’s wrinkle-free. Then cut a piece of the fusing web that is slightly bigger than the hole you’re looking to patch.
2) After cutting the fusing web, push the fabric surrounding the hole together until you can no longer see the hole. Once you’re done, carefully place the fusing web over it.
3) Next, plug your iron in and set it to the “wool” setting. Make sure that you put wax paper over the fusing web so that it won’t stick to the iron.
4) After placing the wax paper, press the iron to the wax paper and hold it for 10 seconds without moving it.
5) Turn the material inside out to check if all loose threads have been merged. If there is, just repeat from step one until you’ve got all area covered!
And voilà, that tiny hole on your favorite clothing is gone! Now you can hold on to your clothes for a bit longer thanks to this nifty, effective way of patching up small holes.
It’s absolutely the easiest way to repair those holes because – get this – this whole process will only take 10 minutes from your busy schedule.
If you’re interested in extending the life of your favorite piece of clothing, go ahead and watch the video below!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.