Do you love collecting succulents?
Today, succulents are everywhere. They have become really popular lately, thanks to their low-maintenance nature, and of course, because of the influence of social media.
Since last year, many people have started collecting indoor plants, but caring for them isn’t easy. Like pets, plants need nurturing, and for people who live a busy lifestyle, this isn’t an option.
What if you still want to have plants but don’t have the time to take care of them full time?
Well, collecting succulents is your best option.
If you’re new to succulents, it’s important to know what makes them so appealing to everyone.
- Succulents are aesthetically pleasing. Put them anywhere, and they can instantly make your room beautiful.
- These tiny plants don’t need full-time care. If you are a very busy person, you won’t have to worry about them. Just make sure you give them enough sunlight and water them once a week.
- Another great thing about succulents is that they can survive anywhere! Put them in your bedroom, bathroom, library, old mugs, and even old shoes – they can thrive and be beautiful.
- Lastly, succulents are affordable. You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars just to start your collection.
As succulents come in different varieties, it’s a lot of fun to collect them.
A few months back, the ‘rabbit ear’ succulent went viral because of its cute shape. Now, another unique tiny plant is going viral – meet the Cotyledon Tomentosa. A.K.A. the Bear Paw succulent.
It’s easy to understand why this succulent earned its nickname. It has cute curved green leaves with brown tips that resemble fluffy bear paws.
This succulent originated in South Africa under the Crassulaceae family. It’s commonly known as ‘Bear Claws,’ even ‘Bear Paws’ by some.
If you think bear paws waving is cute enough, wait till you see its flower.
Did you know that not succulents have flowers?
The bear claw flowers are stunning! They are bell-shaped and come in different orange, light yellow, pink, and even orange-red in color.
The flowers bloom in springtime.
If you’re excited to own one of these cuties, then it’s a must to know the key tips in caring for them.
Here are some of the tips that you need to remember.
- Place your ‘bear paws’ in a place where they can enjoy at least 6 hours of sunlight a day.
- They can suffer from over-watering so be careful if you will put it in your garden. A better way is to plant them in a shaded area where the soil is well-drained. Make sure that the succulent’s location won’t collect water or rain.
- If you live in an area where the weather gets too chilly, make sure to never leave them outside when the temperature drops below 30° F (-1° C).
- Remember to give them deep watering during the hot summer days. Don’t overwater them.
Bear Claw may be a unique succulent, but it’s very easy to find. Check your nearby succulent store or go for online stores that sell succulents.
On average, it’s pretty cheap as it’s sold around $3 a plant! What a great bargain!
So, if you are ready to own your own bear paw succulent, then go ahead and get yours now. It’s always nice to have another adorable and cute succulent in your collection.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.