Looking for a yummy fall dessert option but don’t want the same old pies, cakes, and puddings? Then you are definitely going to want to try this alternative to grandma’s old-fashioned pumpkin cheesecake. These no-bake pumpkin cheesecake balls are delicious and easy to make.
Gather these ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to get together before preparing no-bake pumpkin cheesecake balls as outlined by Cakes Cottage:
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup gingersnap cookie crumbs, plus more for garnish
- 2½ cup white chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- A tiny bit of fine sea salt
How to prepare
Add the sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat until smooth and creamy.
Next, melt the white chocolate over medium-low heat using a double boiler. Or, you can microwave it for around one minute. To keep the chocolate from burning, stir often.
Pour the chocolate into a large bowl and add in the pumpkin puree. Beat the mixture until it’s totally combined.
At this stage, add in the graham cracker crumbs, pumpkin pie spice, gingersnap cookie crumbs, and sea salt. Also, beat the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
Now, it’s time to cover and chill the mixture until it’s solid so that you can roll the mix into balls. This chilling process will most likely take around two hours.
Once the mix is sufficiently chilled, shape the mix into balls. This will be about 1 teaspoon per ball. You can shape the balls by rolling a spoonful of the mixture using the palms of your hands.
Put the balls onto parchment paper on top of baking sheets. Then cover loosely and put in the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm.
Next, melt the rest of the white chocolate using a small yet deep bowl. This particular bowl size makes dipping the balls easier.
Dip each ball into the chocolate, and put them on parchment paper. Make sure to add the gingersnap/graham cracker crumbs prior to the chocolate setting up.
Let the chocolate set and then refrigerate.
Finally, you can eat these delicious treats and enjoy them with the rest of your family or as a scrumptious party treat.
(Note: You can freeze the balls for longer-term storing.)
Other delicious fall dessert ideas
Here are some additional tasty fall dessert ideas for you, your family, and your holiday guests.
- Spiced pumpkin ice cream puffs: With a few simple ingredients, you can make this scrumptious recipe for friends and family. See the complete recipe here.
- Pumpkin bars: While this dessert is simple, it’s still delicious and a perfect autumn goody. Only 20 minutes to prep and 25 minutes to bake plus cooling.
- Pumpkin cheesecake with sour cream topping: Mix up your traditional pumpkin pie recipe with this unbelievably delectable alternative. This silky cheesecake should be made the day before serving and allowed to chill overnight.
- Frosted pumpkin cranberry bars: This recipe features “tangy dried cranberries tucked inside and a creamy brown butter frosting.” Click here for the full recipe.
- Caramel apple strudel: Check out this modern and amazing apple strudel recipe that’s sure to delight your family and party guests.
- Pumpkin whoopee pies: Kids and adults will both love this fall favorite. With just a few ingredients and short prep time, this recipe serves a dozen.
- Apple caramel cheesecake bars: The streusel topping on these bars is hard to resist. Make three dozen with a prep time of 30 minutes and a bake time of 25 minutes plus chilling.
For a similar no-bake pumpkin cheesecake ball recipe as the one described above, check out the video below.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
NO BAKE PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BALLS – Have you gotten your pumpkin on yet?? ;)RECIPE–> http://whoneedsacape.com/2015/09/no-bake-pumpkin-cheesecake-balls/
Posted by Mama Loves Food on Thursday, August 10, 2017