It should go without saying that cooking your own meals is a good habit. Many of us live busy lives and the temptation to skimp on groceries in favor of eating out can be pretty strong. Still, buying our own ingredients and cooking them on the stove or in the oven lets us know exactly what’s going into our food. And it’s not bad to impress your significant other as well! Still, using the oven a lot means that it is sure to get dirty—and common wisdom has it that ovens aren’t particularly easy to clean.
Fortunately, we’ve got some tips and tricks to make cleaning your oven go as smoothly as possible.
To do this, you’ll need:
- Oven cleaning solution (virtually any brand will do)
- Large resealable plastic bags (sometimes these come with an oven cleaning kit)
- Rubber gloves
What to do:
1. First off, take out all of the wire shelves in the oven.
2. Put the oven shelves in their own sealable bags.
3. Add roughly half to three-quarters of your oven cleaning solution to the oven bags and set those aside.
4. Dump the rest of the oven cleaner directly onto the floor of the oven.
5. Next, get your gloves on, grab a sponge and start scrubbing down the bottom of the oven.
6. After a quick scrub, leave the oven to set for at least four hours (or overnight if possible).
7. When you come back, the cleaner will have formed a crust on the door and floor which you can easily sponge off.
8. Take the shelves back out of the plastic bags.
9. Again, use a sponge to wipe the shelves off of any remaining dirt or grime.
10. Finally, give everything else a final wipe down and reassemble your oven—you’re good to go!
As you can see, cleaning your oven doesn’t have to be as difficult as everyone says it is. Many of the cleaning products on the market now are designed to make the process as streamlined and easy as possible. With this in mind, just remember that it’s always worth it to buy your own food, use your oven and hone your cooking skills! Never let the fear of cleaning dissuade you from living your best and most nutritious life.
Do you have any cleaning tips of your own? Let us know in the comments area below.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.
Source: Country Living