If you have old flip-flops and jeans, don’t throw them away just yet.
Sometimes, you hold on to old jeans and broken flip-flops because you think it’ll be a waste to throw them away. Well, you are correct. These items can still be recycled, and that’s what we are featuring today.
DIY projects aren’t just fun to do; they are also very budget-friendly, and economical. Instead of buying new stuff, you can re-use your old items and create better, cheaper, and prettier items.
So, before deciding to throw away some of your old things – think again. You might be able to turn it into something useful.
Ateeka, from Mumbai, India, joined YouTube last 2017. Like any other aspiring vlogger, she wanted to create content that she enjoys and that people will love.
Her vlog, “Get style by Ateeka,” talks about fashion, hacks, and DIY projects.
She loves to repurpose items and create something beautiful and useful for everyone. One of Ateeka’s vlogs that was posted three years ago talks about DIY slippers made from old jeans and damaged flip-flops.
This project is super easy that you won’t even need to sew!
“Before throwing something in a trash bin, I have to think first what can I do with it or ask myself if it can be still useful. One example is this damaged pair of flip-flops that I decided not to throw because I wanted to revamp it,” Ateeka said in her video description.
This video tutorial is very easy to do, and you will only need four items to get started.
You will only need:
- Old/damaged jeans
- Old/damaged flip-flops
- Strong fabric glue
Now that you have all the things that you need, just follow these simple instructions:
- Get your damaged flip-flops and make sure that they are clean.
- We only need the base of the slippers here, so disregard the other parts.
- Trace the shape of the slipper in your old/damaged jeans. Make sure to leave a few inches to help you glue them together.
- Apply your strong fabric glue.
- Glue your old jeans and your damaged flip-flop.
- Wait until it completely dries and then, trim the excess fabric.
- You can use your own feet as a guide in making the upper vamp.
- Use pins as a guide but be very careful.
- Once done, you can apply your fabric glue to secure it into place.
- Once dry, you can start customizing your slippers. You can use markers, ribbons, patches, or just anything that you want to try out.
- Wear comfortably.
Not only did you create something useful, but you also recycled your old stuff. Nothing is more fulfilling than seeing your DIY project being used and appreciated.
Check out the full video on how to create your slippers using old jeans and flip-flops. Don’t forget to follow Ateeka for more DIY projects.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.